The Josh Smith Shrine



Kenya's players are a decade younger than us. They're very quick and agile, active on both ends of the floor. They constantly pressed full court and forced turnovers. And they ran on every chance. They also had a couple of shooters who wouldn't miss from beyond the arc. They have the same make up as Batch 2006 who beat us on outside shooting and fast breaks.

By the end of the just first quarter we were down double digits. And our players were already exhausted. It was clear that we couldn't run with the kids.

At the start of the half, still down by 12, the coach wisely made an adjustment moving our defense forward, putting a plug to their outside shooting. At first they found cracks and were able to score on cuts and drives. But after a few plays, it was obvious that they couldn't play an inside game. The game went into overtime. But we took care of business and took home a win.

As for my own play, I missed a few open layups, fumbled the ball once or twice, missed my two free throws. But I am pleased with my game tonight with several stops, steals, deflections, and a couple crucial baskets on our third quarter run.

I fell to the floor several times. It looked like I was diving for the ball on hussle. But it was just that my legs were failing on me. I am now resigned to the fact that I am getting old :(

0 Responses to “Team Hyundai 69, Team Kenya 65”

Post a Comment