The Josh Smith Shrine



Team Sleeper Season 2006-2007 draft lineup:

S. Marion
T. McGrady
Z. Ilgauskas
K. Hinrich
J. Nelson
P. Gasol
S. Claxton
P. Brown
J. Tinsley
J. Childress
J. Smith
E. Griffin

With Lebron, Kobe, and KG out, I had no choice but to pick Marion. I was torn between him and Dirk. But my friend Yabbit was picking next and he badly wanted Dirk. Yahoo's analyst Matt Buser says "The Matrix" should be number 1. Taking him at 4th overall isn't bad.

McGrady was still available at #28. People were passing up on T-Mac because of recent injuries. But he's still 29 years old, appears healthy, and could make a monster come back after last year's dismal outing.

I was planning to take Josh Smith in this round with the 35th pick. But Yokozuna took him already in the second round. Boozer was already taken as well. I needed a center and took Z.

Raymond Felton was on my radar for the fourth round. He was taken two picks before me. So I took Kirk Hinrich. And then I took Jameer Nelson for a back to back point guard picks.

Round 6. This was my make or break decision. I took the injured Pau Gasol who was still on the board. My info was that he was returning from injury this December. Obviously my info was wrong, he's returning January. But if I could hang around while Gasol heals, my team could be really strong come February.

I took a couple more point guards, stock piling on the position so I could have one to trade for need.

My sleeper picks were JR Smith who blew up with 8 3-pointers today. And Eddie Griffin who could breakout if Casey finally gives him his minutes.

I'm not sure if I made the right choice on drafting the injury prone Tinsley. I realized I couldn't afford another injured player on my bench. Childress was a panic pick and I'd probably trade or drop him by November if he doesn't help my team.

I didn't get any player from my wish list: Josh Smith, obviously. Last year I traded for him at a high price. I don't think I could do the same this year. Boozer, damn MUDAFUKAZ took him early. Raymond Felton and Deron Williams, I have a feeling both these guys are breaking out in a big way this season.

Overall I'm happy with my team. I'm probably assured of a top 8 finish. But I doubt the lineup could bring me to the top. But with a couple of good trade, who knows, what the season brings. Sleepers could never be discounted.

0 Responses to “Brathun Cup: Draft Results”

Post a Comment