The Josh Smith Shrine





Andris Beidrins, FC
Golden State Warriors

11.2 pts, 10.1 rebs, 2.9 blks, 65.7% fgp
Ranked #2 on Yahoo, November 28

I picked up Andris Beidrins three weeks ago. He blocked 6 shots the next day, reminding me of how I stumbled upon a rookie Josh Smith who blocked 10 shots the day after I grabbed him off the Waivers.

AB looks to be the real deal. His defensive play has gained him Nellie's confidence. In their win against Toronto, he completely shut down Chris Bosh at the second half with his defense. He went on to average double digits in rebounds and around 3 blocks in the succeeding games.

He also showed that he's no Ben Wallace when dominated Denver scoring a career high 31 points while grabbing 10 rebounds and blocking 7 shots. He also passed the Tim Duncan test by netting 18 points, grabbing 15 rebounds, and 6 blocks, in a win against the Spurs.

With his 6-11, athletic frame, soft hands, and sound footwork, Beidrins has a lot of potential. And with their team winning, he could be this year's most improved player. (Deron Williams is his rival for this award)

AB he has helped my Fantasy Team giving me #1 rank in blocks. And keeping me a float in rebounds at #6. When Gasol returns, I'd be #1 in rebounds as well. I'm currently at 5th, only 5 points behind 3rd. I still have around 10-15 points to gain in points, rebounds, and steals column. Hopefully Beidrins, Gasol, and Claxton will do it for me.

0 Responses to “Waiver Wire Gold: Andris Beidrins”

Post a Comment